Co-create & share a recycled floating island.
The demand for floating islands rises with the sealevels.
An interdisciplinary global team has started to build artificial islands out of recycled materials. Their 3rd asap-island workshop in Rio de Janeiro, Hanover and South-Goa will lead to an open-source pilot island, combining innovative recycling technologies with traditional knowledge and creative lowtech applications.
Started as an artistic „Social Sculpture“ project by German artist Joy Lohmann, asap-island 3.0 has now become an participative global process, working on different aspects and designs for floating habitats.
You´re welcome to join the open island adventure for free on location or online. (Download Open-Island invitation here)
The workshops take place at various places in South Goa:
Initial meeting on 11.1., 11AM at „Checkers“/Varca (Talolim bridge)
Stay tuned for more information right here.
Contact-number Goa, Joy: 7350053582
asap-island 3.0 workshops – How to get there :
site #1: Checkers
Parallel to the coastline, there is a road connecting all the villages from Benaulim in the north to Mobor at the far south.
1. Trinity church Benaulim (Landmark 1)
2. follow the Varca road south
3. In Varca, directly behind the church (Holy Cross?), turn left, direction Telaulim bridge (Checkers is mentioned also)
4. follow the road then turn left to Telaulim.
5. before the Telaulim bridge, Checkers is on the right side. You can enter and park your scooter there.
6. We might either be on the rivershore at Checkers or at the neighbours (Mr. Martin) rivershore (property at the left before Telaulim bridge)
Please don´t cross Checkers, when a local event is happening. Then call Joy to get to know, where we are: 7350053582
site #2: BambooHouseGoa
1. Follow the same road south to the very end at Mobor. (The peninsula between river Sal and the ocean)
2. BambooHouseGoa is 500m behind Leela Kempinski Hotel on the right side. There also is the Blue Whale restaurant.
3. Ask for Nirmal or Amandeep
By bus go south on Varca street (direction Mobor) and get off at the terminal.